Translate into Spanish

Saturday, September 5, 2026

I Have a Question

What is Discipleship?

 

            Discipleship or being a disciple, involves a spiritual excursion learning from a master teacher. The disciple imitates the master’s life and lives according to his instructions. A Christian disciple is an ardent follower of Jesus Christ. It is a process that the believer goes thru during the course of his or her life as a redeemed follower.

            I see a painful lack of discipling going on in the churches I’ve attended in Southern & Central New Jersey.  That’s not to say it isn’t done in churches throughout the country, and even the world, but I’ve attended many churches in the 48 years that I’ve been walking with the Lord and at least in those churches there wasn’t a whole lot of discipling going on. And that is what Pastors are called to do, are they not? 

That is why it is incredibly important for believers to NOT wait to be spoon fed, but learn how to feed themselves.  As I’ve said in other writings, we must learn to FEED our Spirit-man & STARVE our “Old Man”. Our old sinful nature would never be allowed in heaven, but we’ve been BORN AGAIN of the Spirit of God. We are a NEW CREATION. The OLD is past, behold all things have become new.

Don’t wait for someone to disciple you. If your churches has a discipleship program, then hallelujah and praise the Lord. But if they don’t, learn to FEED YOURSELF. It takes discipline and a heartfelt desire to live a life that is pleasing to the Lord and a positive, Godly example to those around you. 

Until next time, walk with the King & be a blessing.

In His Name & for His Glory,

RL Keller

Bread of Life Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment