Translate into Spanish

Tuesday, October 1, 2024

The ENTIRE Serenity Prayer

Normally when we see the Serenity prayer we see the 1st four lines shown below. In reality, there is a full version of that prayer that people don’t always see. Drink in this iconic prayer that has been attributed to American Theologian Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971).  This full version was composed sometime in the 1940’s.

 

“God grant me the serenity

To accept the things I cannot change;

Courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.

 

Living one day at a time;

Enjoying one moment at a time;

Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world

As it is, not as I would have it;

Trusting that He will make all things right

If I surrender to His Will;

So that I may be reasonably happy in this life

And supremely happy with Him

forever and ever in the next.

Amen.”

 

Until next time, walk with the King & be a blessing.

In His Name & for His Glory,

RL Keller

Bread of Life Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment