Translate into Spanish

Saturday, August 15, 2026

Thoughts from a Random Mind 

 

Some folks just seem to gripe all the time. They’re just never satisfied with anything in your life. I catch myself getting gripey from time to time and remind myself that no matter what my situation may happen to be things could always be worse, much worse. If you doubt that just turn on the news. 

Evil is on the rise, and things seem to be out of control, but again I remind myself that GOD IS STILL ON HIS THRONE AND PRAYER CHANGES THINGS. With prayer any set of circumstances can change in a literal instant. GOD is in control, not man. Remember, God either causes or allows all that takes place in this world. Factored into that is the fact that God has given mortal man a free will to do as he or she pleases. Many good choices have been made throughout the centuries; however, history shows that many bad choices have also been made resulting in the world we now live in. 

God has the final say regarding anything and everything that is to transpire, so we truly have nothing to gripe about. We must learn to be like the apostle Paul. “I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” [Philippians 4:11-13 NIV] 

Complaining is a waste of breath. Chances are you will be unable to alter that thing you are complaining about. So learn to be content in whatever situation you happen to be in. You’ll be happier in the long run. Face it, more money isn’t the answer, more friends isn’t, a bigger house isn’t, a nicer car isn’t... nothing can stop your downward spiral but YOU with the help of the Holy Spirit within you. For those who haven’t surrendered to Christ and been forgiven, your only hope in this sin-sick world is to turn to God. Until next time, walk with the King & be a blessing.

In His Name & for His Glory,

RL Keller

Bread of Life Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment