Thoughts from a Random Mind
Life sure can be frustrating, what with all the lies and corruption in the world. Immoral and unethical behavior have permeated our world. It can drive a well-grounded follower of Christ to distraction. I’ve begun to hate watching the news. NO GOOD NEWS. But that raises an important question… why am I looking for good news in an ungodly world? The enemy likes things just the way they are and revels in it. However, once the dust settles amid the chaos we see that God is STILL ON HIS THRONE and in control of ALL THINGS that transpire. He causes or allows all things for his own purposes. If we walk closely with him then we truly have NOTHING TO FEAR.
Having said that I know that fear is purely a mental thing. I know because I’ve struggled with anxiety since the 1980’s. I make it thru life with two different medications. I also deal with claustrophobia. It keeps me from doing certain things. I used to be embarrassed being a Christian and dealing with these problems, but I’m not embarrassed any longer. I’m a human being, just like everybody else. I’m not superman because I’m saved. I’ve had little victories dealing with anxious moments as I prayed my way thru them. The mental part can be difficult to combat. It’s a war for the psyche of men. Our ability to reason is under attack by the one who will literally do anything to screw with us.
Because I have these issues come up from time to time does that make me a poor Christian? Absolutely not. I used to think so until I realized it had no bearing on my relationship with the Lord whatsoever. The Lord knows all the intricacies regarding our lives. As a matter of fact there is NOTHING the Lord doesn’t know about you. I know for a fact that God DOES NOT ever say, “You have problems with anxiety? Get that fixed then come back to see me.” NEVER - NEVER - NEVER... God never turns us away. He loves and accepts us JUST the way we are. He made us, he knows how we’re fearfully & wonderfully made. When you’re afraid, give it over to the Lord. It works. Trust God. Until next time, walk with the King & be a blessing.
In His Name & for His Glory,
RL Keller
Bread of Life Ministries
No comments:
Post a Comment