Translate into Spanish

Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Thoughts from a Random Mind 

            Recently I went thru a time when I wasn’t going to church. I was thinking too hard about the service and how it was done rather than simply worshipping the King. For some reason I felt the services I attended were stiff and unwelcoming. Was that just the enemy doing a tap dance in my head? I knew nothing was perfect except the Lord Himself, so I was coming to realize that I was looking at church all wrong. 

My wife grew up in an Episcopal Church with their one hour services and brief messages, so she didn’t want to attend a church where the sermon was longer than 20-30 minutes and the service wasn’t longer than one hour. That was the reason she didn’t want to go. Plus she felt they were always asking for money.

Now I’ve been a follower of Christ for 47 years, which doesn’t necessarily mean anything, but it’s important to me. I’ve have my highs and lows regarding my walk with Christ, but I feel my faith and trust in God has been steadfast. When my wife said she wanted to go to church on Easter Sunday, I agreed. It was a good, biblically sound message and the service was uplifting. My wife now wants to begin returning to church and I felt this was an answer to prayer. So we’re going to get a little involved and not be so critical of the fellow humans who are striving, just like us, to serve the Lord effectively. 

I knew it was important to attend a bible believing church, for fellowship with others of like faith is vital for your spiritual growth. So I have been a little uncomfortable NOT going. Well, I feel much better now that we’ve both agreed to attend church again. So if you’re like me and you feel there are certain aspects of your church or church in general, and those things make you not want to go, put that aside and worship the Lord regularly. Fellowship is very important. I believe I’ve learned an important lesson. It’s NOT all about me... it’s about God and who I am IN Him. I actually knew that, but forgot. It’s an important thing to remember. Our opinions tend to be flawed in one way or another when it comes to church Mine were and I readily admit that. I love the Lord and always try to be as transparent as I feel is necessary. I’m not perfect, nor am I better than ANYONE else. I know who I am and that’s a good thing. Live your life FOR God taking advantage of all the resources He has placed at your disposal. 

Until next time, walk with the King & be a blessing.

In His Name & for His Glory,

RL Keller

Bread of Life Ministries

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment