Thoughts from a Random Mind
Something important to remember: God forgives, man does not. They resent and tend to hold grudges. They take things out of context and take things very personal. Now having said that I realize that is a “broad sweeping generalization” as I like to call them. Yes, there are gracious folks who do actually forgive, but forgetting it much harder. I get that. If you have a contrite heart you will be forgiven by God. That would be a heart that says “I messed up. I’m truly sorry and with Your help Lord I will not do it again.” Regret translates into contrition. God will forgive that every time. But people are not wired like God. They have feelings and emotions that get burned and hurt and sometimes they have difficulty in seeing past the infraction.
I have a personal situation where my two girls don’t have anything to do with me. They were lied to and believed those lies and now want nothing to do with me. It would appear that there is no forgiveness in their heart toward me. It’s unfortunate, but that’s how life goes sometimes. Attempting to reestablish some sort of relationship over a ten year period came to nothing. Not wanting to get hurt again I have at least for the time being abandoned my attempts to reconcile. I pray for them, and myself, and a possible future reconciliation. I have left it in God’s hand.
So if you have folks who have not forgiven you, pray over the entire situation in the hope that forgiveness will manifest itself in the form of a reconciliation between both parties. It can happen, but patience is required. God moves in hidden and mysterious ways His wonders to perform. “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,” declares the LORD. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so My ways are higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.” – Isaiah 55:8-9. Like me, leave it in God’s more than capable hands and hope for a resolution in His time.
Until next time, treat others as you’d like to be treated.
In His Name & for His glory,
RL Keller
Bread of Life Ministries
No comments:
Post a Comment